Early Childhood Educator Trainee
Temporary Full Time
Tuesday 20 November, 2018
St Nicholas Early Education centres are supported by the Early Education team at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. Our organisation prides itself on core values of care and compassion, and offer assurance of quality management and practices throughout our centres.
We aim to provide an environment that recognises the value of family and developing secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships.
The St Nicholas Early Education brand is built on providing quality care to all children in their early stages of development. Therefore, our new team members need to be passionate about going the extra mile to ensure that each child receives the quality care, support and development.
Are you up to this exciting challenge?
Due to continued growth within our St Nicholas Early Education centres, an exciting opportunity has emerged for two dedicated individuals who would like to embark on a career within Early Childhood Education. Commencing in January 2019, the successful candidate/s will complete a Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care Work based Traineeship at our Newcastle West Early Education Centre. An opportunity to obtain permanent employment may be available upon successful completion of the traineeship.
To be successful in the position you will be self-motivated, willing to be mentored by other employees, have a passion for child care and provide exceptional service in all undertakings. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident to build strong relationships with both the children and their families.
- Willingness to undertake the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care Work based Traineeship CHC30113
- Current Working With Children Check verification number (or willingness to obtain)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to show initiative and be a team player
- Intermediate level computer literacy in order to document examples of learning stories
- Must be flexible with working centre hours which are between 6.45am-6.15pm
- Experience in sport directional coaching
- The ability to engage with children through playing a musical instrument
- Knowledge and practice of a second language
- The ability to incorporate relaxing / meditation or yoga techniques in an early education setting
- At the end of the traineeship you will be qualified as a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education, fully paid for by St Nicks Early Childhood.
- Traineeship is accredited under the National Childhood College and you will receive state of the art monitorship with the program, along with 3 hours a week study time incorporated in your working hours.
- Experience working with a highly reputable early education centre St Nicks early Education.
- Ability to commence a role with us as a qualified Childhood Educator once completed the traineeship.
For more information about St Nicholas Early Education and the position please go to: https://www.stnicholasmn.org.au/careers
Applications close on Monday 19th November 2018.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National police check, have a current paid Working With Children Check (WWCC), complete a pre-employment health declaration and have the right to work in Australia.
***Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted***
For further information please contact Jessica Mattey on 02 4979 1368.