Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) / Educational Leader - Newcastle West
St Nicholas Early Education at Newcastle West currently has a vacancy for a permanent full time Early Childhood Teacher. This role will also have a temporary Educational Leader responsibility to support Parental leave relief. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a permanent position with a highly regarded brand, and whilst also showcasing your educational leader skills on a temporary basis.
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you are expected to be an active team member of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children. Whilst caretaking the Educational Leader aspect, you will be expected to lead the development and implementation of the Educational curriculum at St Nicholas.
You will be an active member of the team, with a passion for providing high quality care and education to children. You will have the ability to develop relationships with children and families, assist in the implementation of policy and process of St Nicholas, and work with other staff to continuously improve the operations of St Nicholas. St Nicholas Early Education adopts a best practise ethos in care and education, to ensure it has a positive reputation in the community of Newcastle.
- An approved Early Childhood Teaching degree, for the purposes of the education and care services national law and regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of:
- 1. National Quality Framework (NQF);
- 2. Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF);
- 3. Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting;
- 4. Workplace Health and Safety issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective implementation of the ELYF curriculum suitable to the needs and interests of children in care.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within Children Services;
- Demonstrated experience in assessing needs of children, monitoring their progress and ensuring school reading when applicable
- The ability to engage with children through playing a musical instrument;
- The ability to incorporate relaxing / meditation or yoga techniques in an early education setting;
- Experience with IT interactive program for Early Education;
- Knowledge and practice of a second language.
The Early Childhood Teacher position is on a permanent full-time basis. The educational leader aspect will end on the 4th November 2019 when the incumbent returns.
Our centre is staffed by a dedicated team of qualified professionals. It complies with all national regulations and licensing requirements. The centre operates for 51 weeks of the year. Applicants for positions at St Nicholas Early Education, are not required to be Catholic, all applications will be selected on merit against criteria.
As an employee of St Nicholas, you will have access to a range of benefits, including:
- Working within a larger Diocesan organization, the second largest employer in Newcastle region. Which opens up opportunity for advancement within St Nicholas, and perhaps other agencies of the Diocese.
- Bishop’s Leave, which is three days of additional leave between Christmas and New Year annually.
- Paid Parental leave.
- The opportunity for annual salary review, and advancement to above award payments.
- Corporate benefits, including EAP, Flu injections, reduced gym membership, reduced healthcare, amongst others.
Current Child protection training, First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training is a mandatory requirement of this position. The successful applicant will also be required to go through pre-screening checks such as a national criminal check, right to work in Australia, complete a health declaration, Working With Children Check verification, and proof of qualifications.
Please ensure that you address the selection criteria in your application and include a resume with 2 recent referees. Should you not complete the selection criteria, you may not be shortlisted.
Are you our next superstar? Do you have the skills that we need? We look forward to meeting you.
For further information please contact Emma Pratten - Newcastle West Director on 4979 1136.