Tuesday 30 October, 2018
St Nicholas OOSH centres are supported by the Early Education and OOSH teams at the Catholic Diocese of Maitland- Newcastle. Our organisation prides itself on core values and care and compassion and offer assurance of quality management and practices through our centres. We aim to provide an environment that recognises the value of family and developing secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships.
St Nicholas is going through an exciting period of growth and as such we are expanding our education and care services and are now operating high quality OOSH services.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of our brand new before and after school care programs and vacation care programs for children aged 5 – 12 years. We have both current and upcoming vacancies in the following areas:
- Lake Macquarie
- Port Stephens
* Some of these positions will commence in January 2019.
As an OOSH Educator, you will be responsible for supervising children’s play ensuring their physical safety at all times as well as promoting and guiding positive behaviour. You will assist in developing and implementing programs which offer a diverse range of experiences that promote children’s independence, social skills, learning and development.
You will bring a mature, positive and reliable approach to your work, be able to collaborate as an active member the team and must be able to communicate effectively with the children, parents and staff.
- Certificate III in Children's Services and/or Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care or be studying towards and early childhood or Primary Teaching qualification.
- Current drivers licence
- Current working with children check
- Current Child Protection qualification
- A current first aid certificate with asthma management and anaphylaxis training
- It is desirable that candidates be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of the National Quality Framework, My Time Our Place, the Law and the Regulations governing the industry.
The hours for before and after school care OOSH Educators are part-time with shifts being between 2 and 4 hours long, rostered between 6.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday (this may include split shifts). Hours for vacation care programs are full time approx. 8 hours per day between 6.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
This role will offer you stability, a comfortable working environment and excellent learning opportunities. As part of this team, you will be recognised and encouraged for your efforts whilst being a part of a team of enthusiastic employees.
For further information please contact Tracey Sweetman on 0499 015 502.